Central Grace Church
3596 Franklin Street . Rocky Mount, Virginia
June 10th . 2018
9:30 am ……………………….…………………………….…. Walking After The Spirit, Not The Flesh – Romans 8:1-14
10:00 am ……………………….…………………..………………… The Groaning Of God’s Children – Romans 8:15-27
Birthdays: June 22nd – Nancy Parks, 23rd – James Holland, 24th – Patrick Holland, 25th – Walter Groover
Cleaning: This Week - Steven & Mary Next Week - Debra & Mindy / / / Nursery Today: Lauren / Elizabeth
Listen to WYTI Radio, 1570 AM - 104.5 FM, Sundays 8:00 am
FAITH AND UNBELIEF
1. Faith believes the Word of God; but UNBELIEF questions the certainty of it (John 20:31; Ps. 106:24).
2. Faith believes the Word, because it is true; but UNBELIEF doubts it, because it is true (1 Tim. 4:3; John 8:45).
3. Faith sees more in a promise of God to help, than in all other things to hinder; but UNBELIEF, notwithstanding God’s
promise, says, “how can these things be?” (Ro. 4:19-21; 2 Kings 7:2; John 3:11-12).
4. Faith will make you see love in the heart of Christ, when with his mouth he gives reproofs; but UNBELIEF will imagine
wrath in his heart, when with his mouth and Word he says he loves us (Matt. 15:22-29; 25:24).
5. Faith will help the soul to wait, though God defers to give; but UNBELIEF will take offense and throw all away, if God
makes any tarrying (Ps. 25:5; Isa8:17; 2 Kings 6:33).
6. Faith will give comfort in the midst of fears; but UNBELIEF causes fears in the midst of comfort (2 Chr. 20:20-21;
Matt. 8:26; Lk. 24:25)
7. Faith will suck sweetness out of God’s rod; but UNBELIEF can find no comfort in his greatest mercies (Ps. 23:4; Num.
8. Faith makes great burdens light; but UNBELIEF makes light ones intolerably heavy (Matt. 11:28-30; Mal. 1:11-13)
9. Faith helps us when we are down; but UNBELIEF throws us down when we are up (Matt. 14:30-31; Mic. 7:8-10; Heb. 4:11)
10. Faith brings us near to God when we are far from him; but UNBELIEF puts us far from God when we are near to him
(Heb. 10:22; 3:12-13).
11. Where faith reigns, it declares men to be the friends of God; but where UNBELIEF resigns, it declares them to be his
enemies (Ja. 2:23; Heb. 3:18; Rev. 21:8).
12. Faith puts a man under grace; but UNBELIEF holds him under wrath (Rom. 3:24-26; Eph. 2:8; John 3:36; 1 John 5:10;
Heb. 3:17; Mark 16:16; John8:24). - Bruce Crabtree
The New King James Version is Corrupt!
The ‘New King James’ version of scripture is a corrupt version. Many changes and omissions have been made to the original KJV which corrupt the true meaning of God’s Word, but only one example is needed.
King James: Revelation 19:8 – “And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the
fine linen is the righteousness of saints.”
New King James: Revelation 19:8 – “And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine
linen is THE RIGHTEOUS ACTS OF THE SAINTS.”
This is an absolute denial of the whole truth of the gospel. This verse begins by telling us the (bride) was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white . . . not that she arrayed herself. And that fine linen, clean and white, is her righteousness covering. Everyone who knows the truth knows that the righteousness of the saints, that righteous covering, that wedding garment . . . is the righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ imputed, imparted, covering and filling the saints. Christ is made unto them righteousness. To say that the robe which the saints wear is a robe of their making, their acts . . . is self-righteousness of the worst sort. It is blasphemous. It is a total perversion of the Truth and damning. This is one of many New King James perversions of the Truth, but one too many. It needs to be thrown out.
In one of his letters to Erasmus, Luther said, "Your thoughts of God are too human." Probably that renowned scholar resented such a rebuke, the more so, since it proceeded from a coal miner's son; nevertheless, it was thoroughly deserved. We too, though having no standing among religious leaders of this degenerate age, prefer the same charge against the majority of the preachers of our day, and against those who, instead of searching the Scriptures for themselves, lazily accept the teaching of others. The most dishonoring and degrading conceptions of the rule and reign of the Almighty are now held almost everywhere. To countless thousands, even among those professing to be Christians, the God of the Scriptures is quite unknown.
– Arthur Pink